novaPDF Lite 7.6novaPDF Lite is a small but useful program that comes in handy the moment you want to convert any printable document to the PDF format.
Once you install this application, you can access it via its executable file or by opening the printing function of any document that supports it.
So, you can convert a document or merge it with an existing PDF file (insert before it, append), set the PDF password (if it is required), as well as enable to open the PDF with the default viewer.
In addition, you can edit metadata (e.g. title, subject, author, creator), configure PDF viewer options (start page, page layout, page scaling when printed, show, magnification), as well as enable novaPDF Lite to stay on top of other processes.
novaPDF Lite uses a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, includes a comprehensive help file for beginners and quickly finishes a conversion job. Plus, it manages to keep an excellent format regarding text, tables and images.
The bottom line is that novaPDF Lite is a very good program for PDF conversion and we strongly recommend it to all users, whether they are rookies or experienced individuals.
- Universal Printing. Using novaPDF you convert to PDF any type of printable document (i.e. DOC, XLS, PPT, PUB, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, PUBX, HTML, TXT,...), accessing its functionality through a printer driver interface. If novaPDF is installed as the default printer, you can simply click the "Print" button from any Windows application to have your PDF created.
- Merge PDF Files. You can append or insert the content of the document being converted to an existing PDF file.
- Font Embedding. novaPDF supports TrueType, OpenType and Type1 fonts and allows you to embed the fonts (or only font subsets) to ensure portability. You can also choose which fonts to be automatically embedded or never embedded, as well as forcefully embed fonts with restrictions.
- Auto-save PDF Files. When creating a PDF file you can have novaPDF prompt you each time where to save the PDF file, or you can define predefined auto-save settings. This way the PDF files will be generated and saved without any additional interaction.
- Import/Export Profiles. The printing profiles can be exported or imported into different installations, so that you can easily transfer them from one computer to another.
- Public Profiles. Available in the server editions, these profiles are created on the PDF server computer and are automatically propagated to all client computers. You can configure some profiles to save the PDF files in a folder on server and all client computers will generate the PDF files in that folder. When using propagated public profiles, you can disallow client computers to switch to a private profile, forcing them to use the settings from the PDF server.
- Compatibility. Works on both 32 and 64-bit Windows operating systems and doesn't require 3rd party programs such as GhostScript or runtime environments like .NET Framework.
- PDF/A Compliance. Creates PDF files compliant with the PDF/A-1b specification for RGB colorspace thus can be used for long-term archiving of documents in PDF format. PDF/A is a PDF file format used for long-term archiving of documents in electronic format that uses PDF Reference version 1.4.
- Private Profiles. Define printing profiles for future use, each with its own settings for page size, resolution, fonts, compression, security, signatures, bookmarks, watermarks, save settings, etc. This way you can switch between different printing profiles without having to modify the settings again.
- Reduce PDF File Size. Images can be down-sampled, converted or compressed to reduce the size of the resulting PDF file. Text can be compressed or converted too.
- International Character Support. Supports international character sets, enabling users to generate PDF files using almost any Latin, Cyrillic or Asian character set.
- Multi-language support. You can choose a language for the interface during installation or change it later from its menu.
- OS: Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 7
- Processor running at 400 MHz frequency or higher
- Minimum 64 MB of memory (RAM), 128 MB recommended
- 8 MB of free hard disk space for application files plus 3 MB working space during installation
Product Page: http://www.novapdf.com/en/novapdf-lite-desktop.html
Download Trial: novapl.exe (5 MB)