Simple archiving of data to tape - automatically or with a schedule
The Z-DATdump application was designed to backup (time-controlled as well) any data into the first tape drive in the employed computer system. Z-DATdump was tested with the following tape drives: TRAVAN, SLR, MLR, QIC, LTO, AIT, DLT or DAT tape drives which have a SCSI, IDE or a USB connection.
Z-DATdump was developed to copy data to tape easily and reliably. The complexity of the program was deliberately kept to a minimum, which makes it easy to use for an employee as well as an administrator. Z-DATdump is a cost-effective alternative when it comes to quickly and easily copy your data to tape. The tape dump software is easily installed and configurable with a well-structured user interface.
Up to five dump lists can be defined, and it allows for quickly dumping a manually created dump-list to tape. With the integrated 1-click dump function, you can create desktop shortcuts for dump jobs, so you can quickly and comfortably start a tape dump without even using the software. Z-DATdump lets you choose your data 1:1, incrementally or differentially for tape copy.
A Fast CRC check can optionally be enabled if the stored data should be verified after the tape dump. A big advantage of the tape software is the control via command-line parameters, which allows for integration of Z-DATdump into other applications. Z-DATdump can copy complete folders, automatically or with a schedule, for transport, copy, or archiving to streamer drives.
That means fast and automatic data storage to: TRAVAN, SLR, MLR, QIC, LTO, AIT, DLT, DAT, or DDS tape drives with a SCSI, IDE, or USB port. The program features an easy to use interface and can also be controlled via command-line parameters. That allows for a time-controlled copy using the windows built-in task scheduler or Z-Cron.
Note: free only for personal use
Here are some key features of "Z-DATdump":
· In addition to the easy-to-use graphical user interface, Z-DATdump offers a complete command-line interface for professional users and for use in batch processing mode.
Back-up or writing data to tape automatically:
· Because it is possible to control the application via command-line parameters, Z-DATdump can be easily integrated into backup scripts or other applications.
· Even a scheduled data transfer to tape with our Z-Cron scheduler or the Windows-integrated task scheduler is easily possible with Z-DATdump.
· is an option for automatically shutting down the computer after the backup – Backup and shutdown with one click!
· Pentium 600 MHz
· 512 MB RAM
· 10 MB HDD
· 800x600 resolution
· In the freeware version, a maximum of 12 GB can be archived in one dump.
What's New in This Release:
· Tape Multispanning up to 10 media via file selection.
· Freeware dump set limit of 4 GB to 12 GB.