JetClean did better with the Apps Clean module, though, where it was able to erase more application activity histories than CCleaner could manage. The Registry Cleaner and Shortcuts Clean modules also appeared to be reasonably thorough.
Some of the stand-alone tools are a little on the basic side. The Uninstall, for instance, just calls the standard application uninstaller. There’s no extra technology, no additional checks to make sure that every trace of an application is removed.
There’s nothing particularly clever about the Startup Optimisation module, either: it just lists the programs that are configured to launch when Windows starts, and optionally allows you to disable them at a click. There’s none of the extras you’ll get with some of the competition, such as recommendations on what to disable and what to keep.
And the program has the occasional problem, which reminds you that it’s still very new. The System Information program, for instance, reported that our RAM was running at “NULL MHz”, and our memory sticks were made by “Manufacturer00″ and “Manufacturer02″. Which isn’t quite as informative as we’d hoped.
There’s still plenty to like about JetClean, particularly for PC novices. It’s easy to use, lightweight and portable, and provides a great deal of functionality from one small download. It’s also reasonably safe, with, for example, a Rescue Center saving any deleted Registry keys, so if the cleaning goes a little too far then the program’s changes can easily be undone later.
If you’re an experienced PC user, though, and have already built up a personal collection of great freeware maintenance and cleanup tools, then JetClean won’t appeal so much: most of the individual tools just aren’t yet powerful enough to beat the best of the competition. And it doesn’t help that key functions like the ability to schedule cleaning are reserved for the commercial JetClean PRO (a subscription-based tool with prices starting from $1.66 a month; click Upgrade within JetClean to find out more).
There’s no harm in trying the suite anyway, though, just to see what you think: JetClean really is a lightweight installation, with no browser toolbars or other annoyances to weigh you down. Install a copy for yourself, and find out exactly what the program can do for you.
|Result After Scan|
|Automatic Clean Stting|
- One-click Clean and Tune-up
- Fast and Powerful Windows Clean
- More Stable Windows System, Less Crash
- Light, Easy-to-use, and Reliable
- Improves PC Performance
- Faster PC Startup and Program Launch
- Better Online Experience
- Restore Hard Drive Space
- Total Removal of Programs or Files
- More Responsive PC
- Portable Version Available
- 100% Clean and 100% Safe
JetClean PRO Features
- Faster Internet connection for online video viewing, online gaming, and more
- Faster PC startup, program launching, and file reading with Registry Defrag
- Intellectually and automatically keeps your PC clean and optimized
- Always use the latest version with automatic updates
JetClean V. 1.0 Final Changelog:
- + Added support for Windows 8 (Developer Preview)
- + added more supported applications in Apps clean: Thunderbird 8.0C9.0beta1; firefox 8.0, 9.0beta1; Opera 11.60beta1; Auslogics Disk Defrag 3.3; RealPlayer15.0 ,MediaMonkey 4.0
- + improved white list in privacy clean
- + add supported language: Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), French, Hungarian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin American), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian)
- + add exiting confirmation during process
- + improved UI
- + Fixed bugs in the previous version
- Current Version: 1.0.0
- File Size: 3.36 MB
- Supported platform:
- Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000. Including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Release Date: 2011/12/15
- Language: English, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), French, Hungarian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin American), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian)
http://www.bluesprig.com/giveaway/jc/20120118.htmland download JetClean Software here: