On my old laptop a while ago, I used another extractor for downloading items and extracting them. But today, when I went to download it onto my new laptop, I found out that it was not free anymore. I frantically searched the internet for an equal or better solution. When I found 7-Zip I though "Hell, might as well try." So long story short, 7-Zip really saved me! It works better and faster then Winrar or WinZip and the others and it's free! it also support Windows 7. And here is a list from 7-Zips own site about the systems 7-Zip supports: 7-Zip works in Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT / ME / 98. That's all folks. don't care about the GUI, all i want is a product that can do it's job fast and good. 7-Zip is that kind of product, not like Winzip, wich is slow and don't even compare with the compression of 7-Zip.
The Main Features of 7-Zip
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 79 languages
See compare 7-Zip with some of the leading archivers. FILE SETS: Mozilla Firefox for Windows and Google Earth for Windows after full installation.
Compression ratio results are very dependent upon the data used for the tests. Usually, 7-Zip compresses to 7z format 30-70% better than to zip format. And 7-Zip compresses to zip format 2-10% better than most of other zip compatible programs. Try to use this Extractor Software. It's Free!! Download Now